Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
Last Updated: June 15, 2020
The safety and security of our guests, students, and staff have always, will continue to be our highest priority.
We are closely monitoring Canadian Federal and Provincial measures as it pertains to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and its spread. This is a rapidly changing global event, and Residence & Conference Centres (RCC) are taking a continuous improvement approach to our practices, policies, and procedures.
As Residence & Conference Centre properties are located on College or University campuses, we are also bound by their respective COVID-19 policies and recommendations as it relates to campus access. In the event that our post-secondary partners are temporarily not allowing non-essential individuals (e.g., guests) on campus, our team will be notifying you directly, and we will work with you to cancel or reschedule your stay. For more details on specific locations, please contact them directly by clicking here.
Rest assured during this time of uncertainty, we are working with our guests to provide them maximum flexibility with their travel plans.
How can I protect myself and others from COVID-19?
Please refer to the relevant provincial/federal authority for the most-up-to-date information;
In addition to the steps that our properties are taking, we encourage all guests and visitors to participate in personal protection against the virus. Infection risk can be reduced by doing the following:
- Washing your hands often and correctly. Washing your hands often with soap and water is one of the best ways to avoid transmission of emerging pathogens
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you have flu-like symptoms, or any of the other current symptoms associated with COVID-19 when you are due to check-in at one of our locations, consider medical advice, inform the people around you and postpone your travel plans
Please note: For the well-being of our guests, students and staff, guests with symptoms consistent with Covid-19 may be refused service and asked to leave the site immediately. We ask all of our guests who are unwell to do their part to flatten the curve, postpone their travel plans and stay home.
What are you doing in regards to cleanliness at your facilities?
In addition to the corporate suite cleaning process all our properties follow, we have also taken the additional steps to increase cleaning and disinfecting in high-traffic areas such as the lobby and front desk, public washrooms, lounges and all other common areas, focusing on high-touchpoint areas including railings, doorknobs and handles, and washroom surfaces.
How can I re-schedule or cancel my trip?
Independent Reservations made via stayrcc.com
- We’ve suspended pre-paid, non-refundable rates, and per our standard cancellation policies, you’re able to cancel your booking up to 24-hours prior to arrival.
- In the event that government restrictions and recommendations continue into a portion of our accommodation season, we will work with you to ensure that you can cancel without penalty prior to arrival.
- There is a ‘cancel reservation’ link in your confirmation email, alternatively, please contact the property directly.
Online Travel Agent (OTA) reservations
- If you’ve booked with any OTA including but not limited to Booking.com or Expedia, please refer to their respective website directly for instructions.
- Please contact the Sales Manager who took your reservation, and we will be happy to work through your options with you.