- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. the day of arrival
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. on the day of departure
- Early check-in and late check-out requests are not guaranteed and subject to availability – additional fees apply
- Late check-outs between 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. will be subject to a late check-out fee, and check-outs after 1:00 p.m. will be charged an additional night’s stay
- Full payment of room rate (plus any applicable taxes) for the entire length of stay is due upon check-in
- Valid Government Photo Identification matching the name on the reservation must be presented upon check-in
- A valid credit card must be present upon check-in (with matching Government Photo Identification) to provide a $100 pre-authorization for any damage or incidentals
- The primary guest on the reservation must be 18 years of age or older to reserve and check-in to a room
Smoking & Pet Policy
- Residence & Conference Centre properties are 100% smoke free and pet free
- The smoking policy for the Institutions and the grounds that Residence & Conference Centre properties are on vary by campus. Please contact the property directly to confirm
- A $250 cleaning fee will be charged to a reservation should evidence of smoking or pets be found in the reserved suite
- Excluding pre-paid non-refundable rates, group rates, and extended stay rates, reservations cancelled after 3:00 p.m., the day prior to arrival will be charge one night’s stay
- In the event of a no-show, 100% of the first night’s room rate and applicable taxes will be charged to the guest
- In the event a registered guest departs the residence prior to the reserved check-out date, the residence will charge a minimum of an additional night’s stay, or remove any length of stay discount and instead apply a rate, based on the actual length of stay (including any applicable taxes)
Accepted Credit Cards
- All locations accept VISA and Mastercard. Select locations may accept additional types of credit cards, please contact property directly to confirm.
- Notwithstanding anything in any booking confirmations or contracts, if RCC is delayed or hindered in or prevented from the performance of any term, covenant or act required under this Agreement by reason of strikes, labour troubles; inability to procure materials or services; campus closure by the applicable academic institution (the “Institution”) for any reason; power failure; restrictive governmental laws or decree of applicable governmental authority with competent jurisdiction; riots or civil commotion; insurrection; sabotage; rebellion; disease; epidemic; public health, safety concerns or contagious infections (including but not limited to COVID-19); judicial orders, fire, or other casualty; war; act of God or other reasons whether of a like nature or not, then the performance of that term, covenant or act by RCC is excused for the period of the delay and RCC will be entitled to perform that term, covenant or act within the appropriate time period of the expiration of the period of the delay or to cancel all or any part of the booking agreements or contracts, without liability. The Client agrees to indemnify and hold RCC and the Institution harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand resulting from such delay, hindrance, prevention or cancellation. The Client hereby confirms their understanding that RCC, in consultation with the Institution, may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, make such amendments, revisions or additions to policies, protocols and guidelines to alter the then in force accommodation agreement or institution code of conduct to address the cause(s) or effect(s) of such delay or delays.
Limitation on Liability of RCC
- Unless arising as a result of their gross negligence, RCC and the Institution shall not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage, however caused to the Client, the property of the Client or to the property of the Client’s guest(s) while in the Residence or on the lands on which the Residence is situated. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such property includes and is not limited to, personal property of the Client (including their vehicle(s) and their contents) and damage includes and is not limited to; damage caused by the failure of the plumbing or heating system or any other building system, defects in the structure of the Residence, water or snow penetration, exterior weather conditions, damage arising from any cause beyond the control of RCC or Institution, and any damage or injury arising from the activities of employees, contractors or agents of RCC and the Institution. The Client agrees that by executing any booking agreements or contracts and residing in the Residence, they are acknowledging that they understand and freely assume the risks associated with communal living, including but not limited to risks of potential exposure to physical, mental or emotional harm or injury, communicable diseases and other contagious viruses. Accordingly, the Client on their own behalf and on behalf of their successors, beneficiaries and next of kin hereby waives their right to demand or make any claim against (and indemnifies, releases and covenants and agrees to hold harmless each of) RCC, the Institution, their agents, contractors, officers, directors, governors, management, successors, assigns, students and employees from or in relation to any and all damages, physical or other harm, death, liability, claims, expenses or loss due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care (collectively, “Claims”) arising under or related to any booking agreement or contract and the provision of services or accommodation, including but not limited to exposure to communicable diseases and contagious viruses. Without limiting the foregoing, the Client’s total cumulative limit on recovery in respect of the Claims is limited to the amount of the fees paid by Client to RCC for the services. The Client further agrees to take all reasonable precautions and follow recommendations by public health authorities to mitigate the spread of communicable diseases during their stay in the Residence community. Failure to follow the conditions of any booking agreements and contracts, and measures related to said communicable diseases (including but not limited to COVID-19), or failure to follow directions from staff regarding communicable disease related rules or measures may result in standards action up to and including eviction from residence.